Individual, Group and Cultural Processes in Changing Societies
Editors: Purnima Singh, Paul Bain, Chan-Hoong Leong, Girishwar Misra, Yohsuke Ohtsubo.
Purnima Singh, Paul Bain, Chan-Hoong Leong, Girishwar Misra, Yohsuke Ohtsubo
Section 1: Intergroup Relations in Multicultural Contexts
- Chapter 1 – Intergroup Difference and Harmony – The Role Intergroup Contact. Ananthi Al RAMIAH and Miles HEWSTONE.
- Chapter 2 – Causes, Conceptions, and Reasons for the Action of Religious Terrorist Group Members in Indonesia. Idhamsyah Eka PUTRA and Alfindra PRIMALDHI.
- Chapter 3 – Japanese Students’ Impressions Formed of Chinese Students through Cell Phone Communication: Comparing Text and Voice Messages. Shao-yu YE, Akira SAKAMOTO, Akiyo SHOUN and Mari AITA.
- Chapter 4 – Examining the Effects of Japanese Context and Willingness to Communicate on the Sociocultural Adaptation of International Students in Japan. Mira SIMIC-YAMASHITA and Tomoko TANAKA.
- Chapter 5 – Social Skills and Cross-cultural Adaptation of International Students in Japan. Yuri OKUNISHI and Tomoko TANOKA.
Section 2: Socialization and Development Differences Across and Within Cultures
- Chapter 6 – Ego-Identity Status in Different Groups of Late Adolescents. Anjali GHOSH.
- Chapter 7 – Cultural and Development Differences in Norm and Meta-norm Enforcement: Does Collective Blame Compensate for Individual Blame? Ramadhar SINGH, Joseph J.P. SIMONS, William T. SELF, Philip E. TETLOCK, Paul A. BELL, Pamela ONG and Susheel KAUR.
- Chapter 8 – Unwrapping Middle-school Teachers’ Socialization Process: From an Interactionist Approach. Ma HUAWEI and Yao Qi Yue GUOAN.
- Chapter 9 – Terror Management in Taiwan: A Review of Ten Mortality Salience Experiments. Chih-Long YEN.
Section 3: Work-place Issues in Cultural Contexts
- Chapter 10 – Raised in Asia – Corporate Leader in Scandinavia: Self-Awareness and Core Values an Exploratory Study. Paul MOXNES.
- Chapter 11 – Group Climate and Decision-making Performance. MOORDININGSIH.
- Chapter 12 – The Effect of Role Ambiguity and Role Conflict on Stress and Job Satisfaction in Indian Call Centre Agents: Moderating Role of Coworkers Support. Narsingh KUMAR and Nachiketa TRIPATHI.
- Chapter 13 – Social Environment and Personal Factors Related to Job Satisfaction, Work Morale and Work Performance of Government Officials in Risky Areas. Tippawan KITTIVIBUL.
Section 4: Self and Identity in Multicultural Contexts
- Chapter 14 – Relational Orientation of Muslim and Hindu Adolescents in Traditional and Modern Schools. Shabana BANO and R.C. MISHRA.
- Chapter 15 – Self and Marital Adjustment of Newlyweds: A Test of the Four-component Theory of Chinese Self. Szu-Chia CHANG, Shih-Hsin KUO, Yu-Hsuan CHIANG and Chiu-Zyun HIEW.
- Chapter 16 – ‘Who are We?’ Representation of Indianness amongst Indian Youth. Preeti KAPUR, Girishwar MISRA and Mridula DAS.
- Chapter 17 – Being Muslim: A Study of Muslim Youth in Delhi. Sujata SRIRAM and Smiriti VAID.
- Chapter 18 – Assessing “Kapwa”: Setting the Parameters of a Filipino Relational Construct. Ma. Cecilia G. CONACO and Susana Corazon C. ORTEGA.
- Chapter 19 – Code Shifting and Switching: A Lingua Franca in Multilingual Malaysia? Maya Khemlani DAVID and James MCLELLAN.
Section 5: Cultural Perspectives to Environmental Disasters
- Chapter 20 – Visualization of Disaster Revitalization Processes – Collective Constructions of Survivors’ Experiences in the 2004 Niigata Chuetsu Earthquake. Takumi MIYAMOTO and Tomohide ATSUMI.
- Chapter 21 – Tsunami in Kerala (India) – Long-term Psychological Consequences and Protective Factors. Johanna Sophie von LIERES and WILKAU