Report of Secretary General
Professor Li Liu
Beijing Normal University, China
Currently AASP has 1309 members from various countries with maximum members from China (525), followed by Japan (166), Philippines (148), Indonesia (77) and South Korea (43).
- In the past 12 months, three Small Group Meetings (SGM) were funded by AASP. Organizers of these SGMs are encouraged to edit a special section/issue of AJSP or organize a symposium at the next AASP conference. Applications for new SGMs are invited as perannouncement.
- AASP is now in agreement with the Society of Australasian Social Psychologists (SASP) to support student members of the two associations to attend each other’s future summer schools.
- A Code of Conduct was evolved as a guide for future conferences.
- The AASP-Wiley-BNU Publication Agreement (2020-2024) was renewed in June 2019. Beijing Normal University is providing financial support for activities of AASP over these five years.
- Three issues of AASP Newsletter have been published over the past two years, edited by Takeshi Hamamura, Muluk Hammuluk, and Roomana N. Siddiqui, respectively.
Officers of the Society
|President||Professor Hoon-Seok Choi|
|Past President||Professor Emiko Kashima|
|President-Elect||Professor Sylvia Xiaohua Chen|
|Secretary General||Professor Fang Wang|
|Treasurer||Associate Professor Wendy Li|
- Publications and Research Committee
Professor Allan B I Bernardo
- Education and Training Committee
Professor Itesh Sachdev
- East Asia
Associate Professor Keiko Ishii
- Southeast Asia
Dr Jose Antonio R Clemente
- South Asia
Professor Roomana N. Siddiqui
- Insular Pacific
Dr Takeshi Hamamura
Professor Jian Guan
- Hong Kong
Dr Emma Buchtel
Dr Youngmi Kwon
Dr Chien-Ru Sun
Dr Elaine Fernandez
Dr Ken’ichi Ito
Dr Thipnapa Huansuriya
Dr Sammyh Khan
- North America
Professor Shige Oishi