CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The Michael Harris Bond Award for Early Research Contributions
Michael Harris Bond has worked in Asia for almost four decades.
To commemorate his many significant contributions to Asian social psychology, a group of his friends and former students have set up an endowment fund with AASP for the Michael Harris Bond Award for Early Research Contributions. One award will be given every two years. Eligibility criteria for the award are as follows:
- The awardee can be of any nationality, but must be based in Asia (broadly defined, including Australasia) at least for the last three years.
- He/she must have obtained his/her Ph.D. within eight years from the closing date for the current round of nominations.
- He/she has made significant contributions to Asian social psychology, broadly defined as psychological research on social processes in the Asian context, of a basic and/or applied nature.
- He/she will receive a certificate for the award, as well as the sum of US $1,500 and a waiver of the registration fee to attend the forthcoming biannual conference of AASP, at which he/she will deliver a state-of-the-art lecture. The awardee must attend the conference to receive the award in Taipei.
- The awardee will be invited to write a review that summarizes his/her research contributions and their implications for future research, to be published in the Asian Journal of Social Psychology after being reviewed.
For the current award, the nomination deadline is 15 April, 2019.
The awardee will be announced about a month after the deadline.
He/she will receive the award at the AASP Conference in Taipei, July 11-13, 2019.
Please send your nomination to AASP MH Bond Award 2019 Committee (Attn: Prof Allan Bernardo; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org), including:
(a) the CV of the nominee,
(b) a one-page letter of support that highlights the nominee's contributions to Asian social psychology,
(c) digital copies of three of the most important publications of the nominee.
Self-nominations are also welcome. A committee, consisting of a past president of AASP, a past or the current editor of AJSP, and an appointed member, will deliberate and select the awardee.