Dr Jungsik Kim
l Professor, Kwangwoon University, Seoul, Korea, 2008-Present (promoted to professor with tenure in 2012)
l Assistant & Associate Professor, Western Washington University, Bellingham, USA, 2002-2008 (promoted to associate professor with tenure in 2008)
l Assistant Professor, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2001-2002
l Chair of Management Department, Kwangwoon University, Seoul, Korea, 2012-2013
l University of Hawaii, Manoa, PhD & M.A. in Social/Cultural/Organizational Psychology, 1994-2000.
l Korea University, Korea, B.A. in Psychology & Philosophy, 1987-1991
l Organizational Behavior, Human Resources Management, Leadership,
l Organizational Culture, Cross-cultural Management,
l Research Methods
l Social and organizational change, organizational resilience
l Cross-cultural management
l Authentic leadership
- Lee, H., Kim, J. S., Ryu, Y., & Shin, S. (2015). Do people use their implicit theories of creativity as general theories? Journal of Creative Behavior, 49(2), 77-93 (SSCI)
- Kim, J. S. & Song, E. (2015). Effects of priming self-construals on self-evaluations: cultural gameplayer perspective. International Journal of Psychology (early view online) (SSCI).
- Kim, J-S., Ryu, Y., & Kim, J. S. (2014). Mediating effect of team cohesion on the relationship between emotional leadership and organizational commitment. Journal of the Korea Service Management, 16(6), 131-169
- Kim, B. & Kim, J. S. (2014). Goal orientations and innovative work behaviors: Moderating effects of person-environment fit. Journal of Organization and Management, 38(4), 141-173.
- Kim, J., Lim, Y., & Kim, J. S. (2013). Self-determination theory explanation of franchisee performance: Effects of franchisee autonomy and entrepreneurship, Journal of Channel and Retailing, 18(20), 69-102.
- Kim, J. S. & Song, E. (2013). Organizational change perception and organizational identity. Social Behavior and Personality, 41(6), 1019-1034. (SSCI)
- Park, R. & Kim. J. S. (2013). Individual Employees’ Responses to Group Incentives: The Moderating Role of Innovation. Journal of Business and Psychology, 28(2), 175-187. (SSCI)
- Kim, J. S. (2012). Linking servant leadership, organizational culture, and employee resilience: Two propositions. Creative Business Review, 2(1), 1-30.
- Ryu, Y. & Kim, J. S. (2012). Extension of technology acceptance model in electronics product: Focusing on perceived innovativeness and risk. Korean Journal of Consumer and Advertising Psychology, 13(3), 323-360.
- Kim, B. & Kim, J. S. (2012). Servant leadership and organizational effectiveness: Mediating effect of organizational culture. Korean Journal of Management Consulting, 12(2), 1-34.
- Kim, J. S., Lee, S. S., & Gim, W. S. (2011). A cross-cultural study of self-presentation: the influence of the length and scope of an expected social relationship (34 pages). Asian Journal of Social Psychology, 14(1), 63-74. (SSCI)
- Kim, J. S. (2011). Influences of self-construals and need for closure on self-other evaluations. Korean Journal of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 24(2), 307-329.
- Kang, W., Lee, B., & Kim, J. S. (2011). The effect of high involvement work practice on cooperative labor management relations and firm performance: The moderating effects of innovation strategy. Journal of Organization and Management, 35(2), 183-216.
- Kim, J. S., Ng, S.H., & Kim, J-H. (2010). Psychological Trauma of Rapid Social Transformations: Korea’s Economic Crisis and Hong Kong after the Reunification. Historical Social Research, 35(2), 120-150. (SSCI)
- Sung, B., Lim, Y., & Kim, J. S. (2010). Influences of transformational leadership on retail sellers’ entrepreneurship, market orientation, and performance. Journal of Channel and Retailing,15(3), 1~137.
- Lee, S. & Kim, J. S. (2010). Influences of self construal on appearance related consumption behavior: Mediation of self-presentation and moderation of appearance emphasis situation. Korean Journal of Consumer and Advertising Psychology, 11(1), 137-157.
- Song, E., & Kim, J. (2009). Coping with intercultural transactions in multicultural societies. Social Behavior and Personality, 37(20), 273-288. (SSCI)
- Kim, J. S. (2008). Perception of social change and psychological well-being: A study focusing on social change in Korea between 1997-2000. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 38 (11). November(SSCI)
- Kim, J. S., & Ng, S-H (2008). The Influence of perceptions of social changes on social identity negotiation: A study focusing on Hong Kong society after reunification (28 pages). Asian Journal of Social Psychology, 11(3).232-240. (SSCI)
- Kim, J. S. & Gim, W. S. (2008). Perceptions of social change and psychological well-being: Effects of coping resources. Korean Journal of Social Issues, 14(1), 19-45.
- Kim, J. S., Song, E., & Lee, S. (2008). Cultural priming and self-evalutions. Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, 22(1), 179-196.
- Lee, S. & Kim, J. S. (2008). Influences of superior-subordinate similarity on burnout: Perspective of self-construals. Korean Journal of Health Psychology, 13(1), 141-167.
- Kim, J. S. & Gim, W. S. (2007). Emotional contagion as an eliciting factor of altruistic behaviors. Korean Journal of Psychological and Social Issues, 13(2), 55-76.
- Gim, W. S. & Kim, J. S. (2007). Body related values and body esteem in East Asian Women. Korean Journal of Psychological and Social Issues, 13(4), 113-134.
- Lee, S., Gim, W. S., & Kim, J. S. (2005). Understanding consumer complaint intentions and behaviors from the perspective of self-construal. Korean Journal of Consumer and Advertising Psychology, 6(1), 19-42.
- Kim, J. S., & Hatfield, E. (2004). Close relationship and subjective well-being: A cross-cultural study. Social Behavior and Personality, 32(2), 173-182. (SSCI)
- Kim, J. S., Kim, M.S., Kam, K., & Shin, H-C (2003). Influence of self-construal on the perception of different self-presentation styles in Korea. Asian Journal of Social Psychology, 6 (2), 89-101. (SSCI)
- Kim, M-S, Aune, K, Hunter, H., Kim, H., & Kim, J.S. (2001). The effect of culture and self-construals on predispositions toward verbal communication. Human Communication Research, 27(3), 382-408. (July) (SSCI)
- Kim, J. S. (2013). Work motivation. Seoul: Sigma Press.
- Kim, J. S. (2014). Organizational behavior. Korea, Seoul: Booknet Pub.
l Academic services
- Associate editor: Asian Journal of Social Psychology (present)
- Editorial board: International Journal of Psychology, Korean Business Review (present)
- Ad hoc reviewer: J. of Cross-Cultural Psychology, International J. of Intercultural Relations, Journal of Creative Behavior, Journal of Business and Psychology, J. of Social and Clinical Psychology, J of Creative Behavior, etc.
l Professional Association
- Member of Board of Director for Korean Academy of Management
- Executive director for Korean Management Consulting Association
l Corporate consulting services
- Consulting professor for Samsung Electronics Co., 2013-present
- Personnel Evaluation Committee for the Department of Security and Administration, Korean Government, 2013-present