Volume 9 Progress in Asian Social Psychology Series (2011)
Towards Social Harmony. A New Mission of Asian Social Psychology.
Publisher: Educational Science Publishing House
Editors: Jianxin Zhang, Yiyin Yang, Li Liu, Mingjie Zhou
Section 1: Interpersonal Relations in Terms of Harmony and Trust
- Chapter 1 – Perception and Metaperception of Leaders: Trust and Respect as Mediators. Smita SINGH.
- Chapter 2 – Formation of Cross-cultural Relationships with International Students: Homestay Families in Rural Japan. Yuri OKUNISHI, Tomoko TANAKA.
- Chapter 3 – Harmony as a Social Indicator of Confucius-based Society: A Multi-level Analysis of Antecedents of Harmony. Xiaopeng REN, Xinwen BAI, Rui ZHENG.
- Chapter 4 – Investigation of the Social Skills of the Elderly to Enhance Relationship Formation with Youth. Tomoko TANAKA.
- Chapter 5 – The Dilemma Perception of Harmony Pathway in Indonesia. Fransisca Iriani R. DEWI, Ardiningtiyas PITALOKA, Tutut CHUSNIYAH.
Section 2: Understanding Indigenous Concepts against Cultural Background
- Chapter 6 – What Does It Mean “Being Lazy”? Cross-cultural Research of the Phenomenon. Anna LEYBINA, Amanda ONG, Hui ZHONG.
- Chapter 7 – What can China and the West still Learn from the Other in New Times? Towards a Social Psychology of Comparative Knowledge Systems. Cameron RICHARDS.
- Chapter 8 – Social Skill Learning Focused on Japanese Indirect Expressions: An Experimental Session Using Teaching Aids such as Cultural Assimilators. Koji MIKUSHI, Tomoko TANAKA.
- Chapter 9 – Fathers, Sons and Daughters: Differential Paternal Involvement in Rearing Children of Javanese Family. Yuli Kurniawati Sugiyo PRANOTO, S. PSI, M.A., Endang EKOWARNI.
Section 3: Understanding College Students’ Mind on Themselves and Others
- Chapter 10 – Self-esteem Instability and Expectation for the Future amongst Italian Students. Ai FUKUZAWA, Susumu YAMAGUCHI, Gian Vittorio CAPRARA, Guido ALESSANDRI.
- Chapter 11 – The Content and Structure of College Students’ Counterfactual Thinking. Dun NIU, Gang LI, Tingting CHEN.
- Chapter 12 – Loneliness and Their Relationship to Explicit and Implicit Self-esteem. Yuanyuan HU, Yule JIN, Xiangyi CHEN, Huamin HE.
- Chapter 13 – Distributive and Pragmatic Features of Chinese Characters Used in the Given Names of College Students in Mainland and Taiwan. Hongjie DONG, Zhaoxu LI.
Section 4: Social Behaviors in Environments of Different Levels
- Chapter 14 – Behavioral Research in Urban Road Safety Management. Kan SHI, Nan JIANG, Barry WATSON, Han GUO.
- Chapter 15 – Public Concern of Environment in Ten Cities of China. Jianping WU, Fei ZI, Guangxin WANG, Zhihui YANG, Xianwei LIU, Jinhua JIANG, Qiuling LI.
- Chapter 16 – The Contested Space of Taking Care and Controlling in Mental Hospitals: Rethinking “Mental Illness”. Amitava SENGUPTA.
- Chapter 17 – Workplace Guanxi and Ethics: Qualitative Evidence for a Model of Working and Backdoor Guanxi. Olwen BEDFORD.