Dr Hamdi Muluk
Senior Lecturer, Department of Psychology, Universitas Indonesia
Email: email@example.com, Tel: +62217875714 ext 331 | Cell phone: +62816716302
- MSc in Social psychology, 1996, University of Indonesia
- Ph.D. in Political Psychology, 2004, University of Indonesia
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Psychology, Universitas Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Centre for Government Studies, Universitas Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Centre for Research on Inter-group Relations and Conflict Resolution (CERIC), Universitas Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia.
Hamdi Muluk is senior Lecturer at Department of Psychology at University of Indonesia. His current position is Coordinator for Master and Doctoral program, Graduate program at department of Psychology in University of Indonesia. He obtained his PhD in Political Psychology from University of Indonesia in July 2004. His dissertation dealt with the role of collective memory in community reconciliation after political repression.
His research interest is mainly in the topic of social & political psychology and peace psychology, such as; terrorism, prejudice, voting behavior, and conflict resolution. With the eruption of social conflict recently in Indonesia, he actively joined in conflict resolution effort on helping the Baku Movement and Indonesian Peace Building institute in ensuing to the peace building in Indonesia.
He also served as the associate in Centre for Research on Inter-group Relations and Conflict Resolution (CERIC) at University of Indonesia.
- Social representation
- Intergroup relation
- Peace and political psychology
- Identity and History
- Action Research
- Mixed method in psychology
Muluk, H.(in press). Memory for Sale: How Group distort their’s collective memory for recconciliation purposes. In C.J. Montiel & N.M. Noor, Peace Psychology in Asia. NY: Springer.
Muluk, H. & Malik, I. (in press). Peace psychology of grassroot reconciliation: lesson learned from “Baku bae” Movement. In C.J. Montiel & N.M. Noor, Peace Psychology in Asia. NY: Springer.
Muluk, H. (2005). The Problem of Historical Memory: Reconciling The Story of Japanese Comfort Women in Indonesia 1942-1945. Nippon, 5(1).